Monday, October 18, 2010

One Day At A Time

I am very thankful for my family and friends. I am also thankful for time even though some days it seem like I do not have enough time to do the things that I chose to do. The key word here my friends is "chose." I cannot find time some days because I chose to fill "My to do List" with more things than I can manage. I am in the process of learning to cut back on the many things that I chose to do. I am making a list of six things daily and four of those six things need to be done and the other two things can go over to the next day; however, if I can get all six things done without causing myself unnecessary stress then I will get them done. My most important things for each day will be prioritized and will be done according to importance. I must try to live in the present and to live one day at a time. Life's journey is too interesting to miss out on the experience. I do not want to reach the end of my days and look over my life and realize that I did not take time to enjoy life's journey.

I have made a conscious decision to take time each day to enjoy the gift of life. Therefore, making a daily Me Plan is very important. There are times when we are so busy taking care of others, which is a good thing but do it in moderation, and we forget ourselves. So each day let us do something special just for us. We can plan for ourselves activities such as that twenty minute meditation time, get your nails done, read a chapter from a book, go for a walk, listen to music, go out for lunch, or visit the zoo. Whatever you decide to do remember you are equally important and you need to take care of you!!!

Be Blessed,

Joy

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful! I love reading your blog! We really do have to enjoy the gift of life--really be present in life!!!

    :)

    ~Zabrinah

    ReplyDelete