Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Time Spent with Family: Priceless

Family has always been very important to me. I was born to parents who really wanted children. My father had other relationships before he met my mother and in those relationships he wanted children but all his efforts were futile. However, when he met and married my mother he was blessed with five children. Unfortunately, the first child died at eighteen months and I was like the first child, even thou I am the second child. My mother and father always treated us with love and kindness. My siblings and I felt wanted by our parents. We were blessed to have both our parents at home while we were growing up.

My father loved to tell stories. He would planned story telling nights with us and other times he would tell stories to us and other children from the neighborhood. Time spent on my father's lap or next to him while he told us stories is priceless. My siblings and I love to reminisce on the wonderful time that we spent with our parents. Time spent with my parents and siblings is priceless.

When our son was living at home he would tell stories to us and dramatized portions of the stories. He loves to entertain people. My son is also an excellent musician. He plays the drum. piano, and guitar very well. We enjoyed those moments with our son. Time spent with our son is priceless.

Our mother is one of the most selfless person that I know. My mother cared and nurtured us. She let us know that we were all special. Our mother is a woman of great faith. I have never heard my mother speaking negatively about any subject. Even when the outcome of things do not look promising , she will still find something positive to say.

This spring break my husband and I had our daughter home for one week. I must say that we had a wonderful time. Time spent with our daughter is priceless. No amount of money in the world can equate to the time spent with my family.





I pray for families everywhere. I pray that the relationships among family members will be filled with love and understanding. I pray that there will be a strong support within each family and that the strong members will encourage and support the weak members. Amen.




                                                        My younger sister: Vel



Be Blessed,

Joy

2 comments: