Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Unable to Fulfil a Goal in a Timely Manner

Recently, I wrote about staying ahead and explained how I am keeping up with my college assignments. Well, that plan worked well for me until I caught a very bad cold last week and I am still fighting the bug. I still feel awful from whatever virus my body is fighting. Due to this illness I was unable to perform my capstone presentation yesterday. I placed a lot of work into my capstone project and was looking forward to doing the presentation. I was somewhat disappointed that I could not do the presentation; nevertheless, I am fortunate that the professor rescheduled my performance to be done after spring break.

I have learned from the disappointment of this week that you can have the best plans in place and life can throw you an event that can delay your best plans; however, the main lesson that I learned is that there are people in the world who will empathize with you and help you to be successful. My professor could have told me that I had to present my topic even though I am sick, because I attended class. I had gone to class prepared to present if the professor was unable to reschedule me. However, I know If I had presented my topic I would not have done my best because I was congested and had a headache. So, I am happy that I received another day to present my topic.

Do I still believe in staying ahead of my assignments? Absolutely, staying ahead is always good because when life throws you an unexpected event you may not find yourself too far behind.

Did you experience any set-back this week? I encouraged you to keep working on your goals and to seek the help that you need when you experience roadblocks that may delay you from accomplishing your goals.

I pray that everything that your hands find to do this week will become a blessing to you and to the people that you are connected to. May all your dreams become reality.



"The Heights that Great Men Reached and Kept were not Attained by Sudden Flight ...."

Be blessed,

Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment