Sunday, October 7, 2012

Living in the Moment

Some of us have hopes and dreams that we are working hard to accomplish and at times these hopes and dreams can consume us so that we have zero time for self-care. I have experienced times in my life in which I have so much to do that I had no time to work on my self-care plan. I know that was wrong and I should not allow myself to neglect taking care of myself. Therefore, I am making a conscious decision to place my self-care activities second on my To-Do-List after my devotion in the mornings.

I want to live in the moment and enjoy the many blessings that I have today. I have a family that care about me, good friends, a job, a place to sleep, and most of all I am still here. So, I praise God for all His goodness towards me. I am thankful for the peace I have in my neighborhood and for good neighbors.

What can you be thankful for today? For those of you who maybe going through challenging times take sometime to reflect on your life. This may not be easy because your situation may seem to consume you and take up all your energy. However, the fact that you are still living is a blessing. God is not done working on you. He has a plan for your life. you are suppose to be here right now. Try to be thankful for life and do this everyday and after awhile your perception of your condition may change. A thankful mind tends to think clearer.

I pray for your peace today and that you will experience real joy today!!

Be blessed,

Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment