Thursday, October 11, 2012

Rihanna: The Real Person


A few days ago I watched Oprah's interview of Rihanna on OWN and for the first time I really saw the real person behind all the make-up and costumes. The interview took place in Rihanna's hometown, in the country of Barbados.

During the interview Rihanna appeared "real." I could see a young lady who showed emotions of happiness, sadness, and hope. I saw a person who genuinely loves her family and people in general. I saw a courageous girl who left her family at age 16 to come to America to pursue a better life. In the interview I saw a young lady who did not forget the people she grew up with. The day of the interview I saw a caring young woman who had been hurt at times; however, one that has a heart filled with love. I must confess that in other interviews that I had watched of her I was never able to see the real person. Even after she suffered physical abuse from her former boyfriend I was not able to see her true feelings. Although I was sad for her when she was physically and emotionally hurt it was hard for me to see the real persons in the interview/s she did following the abuse. This interview that she did with Oprah helped me to see her as a loving person who is very likable and caring: A real human being who is capable of displaying different emotions.

My thoughts about Rihanna, affectionately know as Robyn: her real name, are forever changed. After watching the interview I had to call up my best friend and told her what a wonderful person Rihanna is.

No comments:

Post a Comment