Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Your Path Maybe Different from the One you are Pursuing

This morning I recalled a time when I was working as a part-time realtor. I really love being a realtor. I was excited to do tours of the different houses. The architectual features of the different houses were a joy to look at. I was always happy to do open houses. However, despite my interest in selling houses I was not able to make a living from this career. I came up with bright ideas and shared those ideas with others and other people  benefited from my ideas. I did not do a good research to know that the world of realtor was a "dog eat dog world" I remember one time I was doing open-house for an agent and I was a very new realtor and I asked him to assist me with an interested buyer who walked through the house while I was doing open-house for him. The agent worked with the buyer and kept all the commission for himself. Towards the beginning of the housing market melt-down, I decided that I would no longer work as a realtor because I was only going into debt with putting the houses on the market and not selling the houses so that I could financially benefit from my labor. Therefore, I made a conscious decision to only pursue my life-long dream of being a nurse.

By putting in all my efforts on becoming a nurse my hard work and sacrifices paid off. It was not easy to reach where I am today. I faced rejection from some nursing schools. I was on the waiting lists twice at one college and still did not get in. I had excellent GPA and still could not get into nursing schools until I applied at the college that I believe was right for me.

I strongly believe that there is a place for all of us and until we find that place we can face many disappointments in life. The first time I applied at the first college that I obtained my Associate Degree in Practical Nursing I was accepted by the college. I was also fortunate to get into the LPN-BSN program at a university a year after graduating with my LPN. After obtaining my LPN all the colleges that I had applied to previously for the RN program accepted me; however, I chose to pursue the BSN.

It was not my intention to pursue a LPN program. I wanted to do the RN program but God had the LPN path for me. I only applied for the LPN program because I was not getting into the RN programs. However, it was the LPN program that qualified me for the LPN- BSN program. Today, I am very happy for this path that God has taken me through because I am now a BSN RN.

Trust God to lead you in the path that He has for you. His path may be totally different from yours but God's path for you is the best path for your life.

Be blessed,

Joy

1 comment:

  1. That's a great story! And so true. You really have to stick with your passions, and everything will work out.

    ~Z

    ReplyDelete