Friday, January 7, 2011

Hold On Help is on the Way

The story of Ted Williams the homeless man who was pan-handling in Columbus, Ohio is very inspiring, and shows that anyone can have a positive change to challenging situations. Williams was out asking for help as usual when the right person stopped and recorded his voice and placed it on YouTube and that was the beginning of fame and the end of his struggles. Since his story aired he has been offered many jobs. I am very happy that Williams received another chance to better his life. Not everyone will experience instant fame like Williams; however, with hard work and the right strategies we may be able to change or eliminate our negative circumstances. If you are going through rough times I am encouraging you to hold on and continue to seek help to get out of your circumstances. Help may be just around the corner so never give up.

I can remember years ago in Jamaica when I sent my son with $20.00 to purchase items at a corner grocery store and he lost the money on his way to the store. After losing the money my son rushed home to tell me about losing the $20.00. I then accompanied my son to search for the money. Night was falling and it was hard to see as we retraced his steps to the shop. We looked for a long time for the money and did not find it. Upon  reaching a corner in the road we felt exhausted and we were going to go back home; however, we decided that we would look for the money around the corner and then return home. I can remember this incident as if it happened today. As we went around the corner and the road straightened we saw the $20.00 laying on the road. We were very happy that we had decided to look for the money some more. Without this decision we would have never found the money that was laying only a few feet from where we almost quit the search. This story has been a source of inspiration for me and my family, especially when we experience challenging situations. Remembering this event helps us to continue to fight through our circumstances until we are successful.

Today, if you are experiencing tough times I am encouraging you to hold on and to never give up. Use all the resources that are available to you to get your problem resolved. Do not let embarrassment about your situation hold you back from getting help. If Williams did not hold up his sign about his talented voice and use that talent that he had as he pan-handled he may not have risen from homelessness and deprivation.

As long as you are breathing there is hope for your situation and help is on the way. Stay in your fight until you win. You may need to change your strategy if what you have tried before did not work. Learn to encourage yourself by using self-talk.  Also talk to people who are apart of your support system. Stay positive as you work to change your circumstances.

Be encouraged by others who have successfully resolved their challenges. There is hope for you too. Never give up. Help is just around the corner.


           Ted Williams got another chance in life. Your chance is on its way:


                          Remember to hold on because help is on the way.

3 comments:

  1. lovely words!!! So neat that you guys found the money. One time I lost my watch while skiing and Mark and I actually found it in the snow which is crazy.
    (did that guy ever get a job??)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I know that Williams is an official spoke person for Kraft Macaroni and he was thinking about a job offer from the Cavaliers

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really was inspiring. I am so happy for Williams, too! We have to look at him and KNOW that anything and everything is possible. Never give up. Ever.

    Thank you so much, Joy, for always brightening my day!

    ReplyDelete