Saturday, January 22, 2011

What do you do when your Mountain Seems Impossible to Climb?

In the Bible story of David and Goliath it appears as if David had taken on an impossible fight. Goliath was not only a giant but he had experience fighting in the Philistine Army. Who was David? He was a shepherd boy who believed that with God all things are possible.  When David challenged Goliath for a fight he knew that he was already victorious even though to the natural eyes it appears that he could not win. This story is widely known, and we know that at the end of the fight Goliath was dead and David was still standing. In life many of us are faced with giants or mountains of problems that appear impossible to solve; however, if we keep fighting with the help of God and have the right mindset we can overcome our giants and climb our mountains.

What mountain are you facing today? Is it a mountain of sickness, debt,or relationship problems? Whatever mountain you are facing  I am encouraging you to stay in the fight until you win.

In order to obtain strength to face your mountain you need to be connected to a Higher Source. For me, my Higher Source is the God of heaven. I talk to Him about all my problems. I draw strength from His Words that are found in the Bible. I am encouraged by the Words that I read in the Bible. I know and believe that with God all things are possible. I believe that with my Creator I can climb my mountain.

I cannot emphasize enough that a support system is very important. We all need other people in our lives. Not everyone is good for us; however, we can all find people who will support us. We can find these people in our family and friend groups, at church, at school, at work, or in organizations that counsel and help people. A support system is there to listen to us, give advice when necessary, and to help in other ways such as watching a child, accompanying us to buy clothes to wear for that interview, going to court with us, visiting us in the hospital, and watching a movie with us.

To successfully climb your mountain you first must have climbed it in your mind. You have to see yourself on the mountain top. You have to know that climbing your mountain is possible. You must be determined to stay in your fight until you win. You have to make up your mind that defeat is not an option and failure is a stepping stone to success. Therefore, if you know that you are in the will of God for your life then you cannot give up if you fail. You may have to rethink and use a different approach but you must continue until you cross the finish line.

I pray that you will be strengthened and that you will know in your mind that you are a winner. I pray that your mountain of problems will be removed in the name of Jesus. Amen.


I leave you with this song: I Am Still Standing by Bishop Paul Morton

Be Blessed,

Joy

3 comments:

  1. I think this was your best post yet! I enjoyed it so much. Your writing, concepts, and thoughts are truly impeccable! I'm inspired right now.

    I do feel re-energized and replenished after ready this--like I could take on the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely!! Let's go climbing!!
    Blessings!
    Ann
    PS How is your daughter doing? And you?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the prayer! I'm going to re-read this when I wake up and hopefully I can get over my complete lack of motivation :( have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete