Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Missing My Daughter

This morning, I said goodbye to my beautiful daughter at the airport before she checked in to board a flight back to the city where she attends college. I walked with her to check in her bag and watched her as she goes through security check. This time I did not cry even though I missed her very much. I am now looking forward to her visit during spring break.

She was home for about three weeks and I was very grateful and happy to have her home. We talked a lot while she was home and we enjoyed activities at home and outside the home.

Already, I missed hearing her calling for me and inviting me to watch something with her on her computer. She likes to plan events for the family and I will be missing that for awhile until she returns in the spring. I also miss her laughter and her singing; however, I will still hear those on Skype or by telephone.

Today, I am thankful for the three weeks that my daughter spent at home and for all the activities that we shared. I am also thankful for the opportunity that she has to attend college. I am thankful for the media of Skype, Facebook, and the telephone that will help us to stay connected.

This Prayer is for You my Lovely Daughter:

Dear God in the name of Jesus, I pray that You will continue to protect my daughter and to walk her in Your divine purpose for her life. I pray that You will bless her in every area of her life. I pray that you will continue to give her strength as she serves you in the areas that You have placed her. May she continue to love and trust You all the days of her life. Amen.


To My Readers:

If you are missing a love one that is some distances away I pray that you will be comforted and that you will make time to stay in touch with each other. I also pray that you will be able to see your love ones as much as possible.


I would like to share this song that my daughter and I love: Stand by Donny McClurkin




Be Blessed,

Joy

3 comments:

  1. It is so hard... I remember those days too well.
    Hugs and prayers for you...and your precious daughter!
    Blessings!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ann, for your encouragement, prayer, and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was so sweet. It brought tears to my eyes.

    The song, "Stand" is truly powerful! We MUST stand!

    ReplyDelete